So i recently had an issue with the .svn directories that svn creates in each and every folder in a version controlled project. I figured i could delete the offending .svn directories by writing a small script. Here is what i ended up with:
from os.path import join, getsize
for root, dirs, files in os.walk(‘<project path here >’):
for x in dirs:
if x == ‘.svn’:
print “removing ..” + root + “/” + x
shutil.rmtree(root + “/” + x
Hope it helps someone else 😉
So, today my dvd rom drive just decided not to work. I thought it was a dirty laser or something. Cleaned that but still it would not budge.
I then tried to manually mount it by adding the following entry to etc fstab:
/dev/sr0 /media/dvd auto,iso9660 ro,user,noauto,unhide 0 0
and running: mount /dev/sr0 as root on command line
now i can’t be doing this everytime i pop a disk in drive. I mean its been working before.
After a few searches i came across this entry made by Hal that has been causing this whole mess.
If the key is set to false (it was in my case), all you have to do is to change the value of the key to true.
I’m using Fedora 10 x86